Whether you like to have smoothies after your evening walk or at breakfast time, a smoothie is sure to provide you with a refreshing experience. However, we all know that if you don’t change up the ingredients every once in awhile, it can get boring! So if you’re tired of the same old frozen berries or mangoes, step up your smoothie game by adding the following refreshing and fun ingredients:
Most of the people are unaware of the value of apricots when it comes to nutrition facts. Apricots contain a high level of potassium and it has multiple other advantages. Here are a few of them:
- It helps in lowering down blood pressure, so it is often recommended to patients with high blood pressure to include as a part of their diet.
- The high levels of potassium help in guarding the kidney against developing stones and other complications.
- It slows down the process of bone loss, so adding apricot to your diet on a daily basis will help maintain healthier bones as you age.
- Let’s face it, it also just adds a unique and fun taste to the smoothie!
Beet root and its importance are known by many people. It contains a good amount of vitamins and minerals that act as antioxidants and cleanses one’s system. Here is why you should add this to your smoothie:
- Beetroot keeps one’s system clean and helps in producing blood cells.
- It is one of the most recommended ingredients to prevent and fight cancer because it plays a major role in killing cancer cells.
- Beetroot also contains calcium and iron so if you want an energy drink, beetroot is the ingredient you’re looking for.
- There isn’t a hugely prominent taste, however, it does have a very dark red color and blending it in your smoothie will give it a very attractive and colorful look.
If you are making a smoothie, you don’t want to miss out on Vitamin C which is very good for health:
- Vitamin C is found heavily in citrus fruits, which is great for fighting illness
- Vitamin C is also great for your skin, which will give you that perfect glow.
- The taste of these fruits (orange, lemon or grapefruit) are tangy and add a distinct taste. A few drops of lemon add a fun flavor to your smoothie!
Speaking of fruits, pomegranate is also a another fruit that is great for a smoothie.
- It contains properties that help in preventing the growth tumors.
- It acts as an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory ingredient in your smoothie.
Okay, this one isn’t that unique, but it was included in the list because it is one vegetable that you can easily put in a smoothly with getting the heavy “vegetable” taste, but still get a serving of vegetables in your diet:
- It will give you to higher levels of iron and zinc, thus giving you high energy to start your day.
- It is also full of antioxidants!
That’s it for our list of fun smoothie ingredients! Go out and step up your smoothie game!Save to Collection