When it comes to remedies that are helpful in improving skin texture, nothing works better than home-made remedies with the use of natural ingredients! This doesn’t mean that the products available in the market aren’t effective at all but it means that you can avail the same results with much lesser cost than the commercially available products!
Homemade sugar scrub is one such mixture that results in a soft and smooth skin. There are different ways and ingredients that are used to prepare this scrub, having sugar as the common ingredient because it promotes the growth of new cells and helps remove dead skin cells. The methods are all very simple and easy. Here is our pick for the best homemade sugar scrub for softer skin, suitable for all skin types:
Honey and Citrus Juice Homemade Scrub:
- The citrus elements refresh your skin by offering it an even tone.
- The sugar deeply exfoliates the skin, removing dead skin cells and encouraging new cell growth.
- Honey thoroughly moisturizes your skin, leaving it soft and glowy in the first time!
- Organic Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Fresh Orange juice – ½ orange
- Sugar – 4 tablespoons
Collect the orange juice in a bowl along with its pulp and add honey and sugar in it. Mix these ingredients until it becomes a thick paste. That’s it! Your scrub is ready!
Take a small amount of the scrub on your palm, start applying the scrub to your forehead with the help of your fingers. Make sure that you don’t go too hard on it. Gently move the fingers around your face from forehead to cheeks and nose, down to your chin and neck. Continue the action, gently rubbing it on your skin for 2-3 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water and once it is off, splash a handful of cold water to your face. Let the face dry and apply some moisturiser to calm your skin.
The homemade sugar scrub can be applied to your body as well.
Tips to Remember:
- Make sure that you don’t have any makeup or cream on your face when you apply the scrub. Wash your face with lukewarm water and let it dry completely before you apply it.
- Experts suggest that you take a bath with warm water to let your pores open completely. This way, the scrub can go deeper into the skin, cleansing it, resulting in beautiful, fresh and soft skin!